Turkish Embassy in Warsaw

Embassy History and Previous Ambassadors

 



The Embassy of the Republic of Turkey had its seat in Warsaw in Chopina 2A between 1921 and 1939.

During the Second World War the Embassy was temporarily closed and the building was destroyed as were the most of buildings in Warsaw.

After the war the Embassy resumed its functions in 1947. The Embassy had its seat in Polonia Palace (1947-1949) and in other temporary residences (1949-1956), later in Noakowskiego (1956-1968).

Since 1968, the Embassy is in Malczewskiego 32, planning to move into new premises within 2016.

 

Name(s)
Surname
Functions
Start Date
End Date
İbrahimTali21.06.192401.02.1926
Yahya KemalBeyatlı14.06.192614.03.1929
VasfiMenteş01.05.192911.08.1931
CevatEzine19.12.193121.05.1932
FeritTek30.06.193216.07.1939
Cemal HüsnüTaray17.08.193901.07.1940
ŞevkiBerker28.05.194713.07.1948
ŞinasiDevrim30.06.194931.07.1950
AbdullahadAkşin27.11.195206.07.1957
FikretBelbez30.07.195814.04.1961
CemalYeşil28.06.196218.07.1965
Hikmet Bensan28.09.196530.05.1970
ÖzdemirBenler31.05.197010.10.1972
NecdetKent13.10.197204.11.1976
EftalDeringil11.11.197630.05.1978
İlhanYasar27.07.197825.11.1980
TurgutTülümen08.12.198028.10.1984
MuammerAkçer04.11.198426.02.1989
HataySavaşçı28.02.198917.02.1994
KorkmazHaktanır31.03.199417.10.1996
SolmazÜnaydın12.11.199617.11.1998
AteşBalkan04.12.199818.12.2000
CandanAzer22.12.200017.01.2005
Kadri EcvetTezcan01.02.200515.03.2008
ReşitUman28.03.200801.07.2012
Yusuf Ziya Özcan 20.07.201201.03.2016
Tahsin TunçÜğdül01.10.2016